Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Story, part 'the proposal'

It was a simple proposal, no bells and whistles, but I'll tell how it went down, since people want to know anyway.

I had gotten home from a fly-fishing field trip to the Green River that morning, and was tired, and gross. We ate lunch with a couple of my good friends from Cali, and then talked about what we wanted to do that night. I told Alexander that I didn't want to plan because I was super tired, so he suggested dinner at Gloria's Little Italy, and then the movie UP.
Gloria's is, hands down, my favorite place to eat, and so I agreed to his plan. It was a very fun night, and the movie was perfect, and very romantic. After the movie, we stopped at Smith's (for some unknown reason, except I knew, because I had seen the box shape in his jacket pocket), and Alexander returned from the store with a dozen deep pink roses. After putting the roses in a vase at my apartment, we went for a walk, much like one we had taken the day we decided we were dating.

We stopped in the field of grass that used to be occupied by Deseret Towers, and Alexander told me he wanted to ask me a question. I said okay, and he got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. I said yes, and he put the ring on my finger. Now, six months later, we are finally getting married!

Being engaged this long has had its perks. I didn't want to be engaged this long initially, but the long engagement has really given us time to make sure that we're making the right decision. It has given us time to get to know each other and have the opportunity to ask every question we could think of. I'm very lucky to be marrying such an amazing man, and in just less than 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment