Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dinner of the week

so, now that I'm a housewife (and student), I decided I should start to post some of my fast, delicious recipes. So, I'll start with one of my favorites:

Creamy White Chicken Chili

Sautee in olive oil:
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
until chicken is no longer pink on outside.

Add:
2 cans (14.5 oz each) Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chicken broth
2 cans (4 oz each) diced green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne (ground red) pepper

stir and bring to a boil.
reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins.

remove from heat and add:
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. sour cream

and TADA! delicious, creamy, white chicken chili for when it's cold outside (or not).




No comments:

Post a Comment